What are Syneron Lasers?
The Syneron laser combines intense pulse light energy (IPL) and radio frequency (RF) to remove imperfections of the skin. Patients who wish to attain a more even toned and younger-looking complexion may wish to undergo a laser treatment. Syneron lasers can help you achieve your goals regarding both your face and body.
A good candidate for Syneron Laser is someone who would like to reduce the appearance of or eliminate:
- Unwanted hair: Men and women who would like to rid themselves of facial and body hair have often benefited from laser hair removal. The most common areas to be treated for hair removal include the underarms, back, upper lip, legs, bikini area, and forearms. Patients can enjoy long periods of smooth skin due to the long last results provided by the laser hair removal.
- Spider veins: Due to various factors, such as aging, pregnancy, hormonal changes, certain medications, obesity, and sun exposure, veins can become weak and collect blood at one spot, thus causing them to be easily visible. With laser treatment, spider veins are less noticeable and the treated area is more even toned. Patients should be aware that laser treatment cannot prevent future spider veins from being visible.
- Fine lines and wrinkles: Patients with telling signs of facial aging often turn to laser resurfacing in order to eliminate fine lines and wrinkles. The common target areas are the forehead, and around the eyes and mouth. The laser removes the outer layer of skin and reveals fresh, smooth, vibrant looking skin. Sunscreen will be strongly recommended in order to protect the new skin from excess sun exposure.
- Acne/acne scars: No matter what age, several patients experience acne and the resulting scars. When topical and oral treatments have not provided the desired results, laser treatment could be of great benefit. By removing the top layers of skin and “reactivating” the dormant cells, scars can “refill” themselves and no longer be visible. If laser treatment is performed when experiencing active acne, future outbreaks could be prevented.
In addition, patients who would like to tighten loose, sagging skin may benefit from Syneron lasers. The best way to determine if your particular situation could benefit from laser treatment is by undergoing a medical exam. One of our qualified plastic surgeons will be able to determine the best treatment plan.
As with all cosmetic treatments, laser procedures carry it’s own risks and side effects. Some of these may include:
- Semi-permanent or permanent skin lightening
- Burns or injuries
- Blistering or crusty skin
In order to avoid any serious complications or side effects, patients of the Women’s Institute of Cosmetic & Laser Surgery are urged to follow any and all pre- and post-operative instructions provided by their physician.
After the treatment:
Patients may experience some swelling, discomfort, and redness in the treated area, but should subside over time. The physician may provide cold packs to reduce the discomfort. Some cases may require bandages and will need to be removed by the doctor after a determined period of time. In addition, patients must avoid sun exposure in order to ensure proper healing.