Facial Fillers Naperville, IL
An individual with thin lips can also benefit from a filler, as it can adequately provide the volume that is lacking and create plump, fuller lips.
ALL COSMETIC FILLER PROCEDURES
Which fillers are available
At the Women’s Institute of Cosmetic & Laser Surgery, we offer a variety of facial injectables. Some of these include:
- Restylane: This facial filler is a clear gel made of hyaluronic acid that is injected into the skin with a very fine needle. Fine lines on the forehead, around the eyes and mouth, can often become rejuvenated with this treatment. Restylane can also be used for chin and/or cheek augmentation for contouring of the face.
- Juvederm: With these injections, patients are able to see results within minutes of receiving them. Should the patient wish to maintain the rejuvenated appearance achieved with Juvederm, touch-up injections may be performed. These are usually done six months to a year after the initial injections.
- Prevelle Silk : A great benefit of this hyaluronic acid filler is that an anesthetic is already contained in the formula. This allows for less pain to the patient during the treatment. Prevelle is also an excellent choice for patients with sensitive skin and a low reaction rate.
- Radiesse: Along with the common target areas (lines on the forehead, around the eyes and mouth), Radiesse is also often used to fill in certain facial scars. This method is frequently combined with other rejuvenating procedures, including dermabrasion and laser skin resurfacing.
- Captique T: Normally a nearly painless injectable, patients may request to have a topical anesthetic prior to treatment. The procedure takes less than an hour to complete and patients are able to return to their normal, daily activities immediately following the injections.
Although fillers are mostly made of hyaluronic acid that are naturally found in the body, there are still some side effects that patients should be aware of prior to undergoing this facial procedure. Some of these include:
- Skin firmness
- Pain and tenderness
- Lumps and bumps under the skin (granulomas)